ON THIS SITE this structure was built in 1924 by and for the Slippery Rock Meylert Lodge No. 435 of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, a benevolent and fraternal society that flourished here until 1961. The lodge, established in 1851, had moved its meeting space from a nearby site across the street and met upstairs. Between 1923 and 1959, the ground floor was occupied by the Slippery Rock post office. Brooks Electric then moved into the ground floor which was later divided and housed a flower shop and a shoe store. In 1976, Jackie Beatty purchased the building and opened Tinker’s Dam. The second floor has been the home of Tri-County News, Movin’ Out and GFX Advertising.
More stories and information about this site coming soon!
Stops Around the Rock