ON THIS SITE In 1823, a log building was built extending north to the street. One of the first buildings in Centreville, it served as a tavern for many years and later became a dry goods store. By 1900, it had become a grocery store. It then became a restaurant by 1925, owned by Jim Topley and his sister (Topley & Welsh). In 1936, the old building was taken down & replaced by a service station on the corner and the present restaurant building was erected next to it, both managed by J.M. Topley. The restaurant business was subsequently owned by Roy Rivers, The Charletons, Freda Huber, the Shivers and Gary McDougal.
More stories and information about this site coming soon!
Stops Around the Rock