The Shoemaker Shop

ON THIS SITE in 1915 Dr. Newton Stillwagon Constructed this building and divided it into two businesses, one occupied by McMullen Brothers Hardware and Harness Shop. In 1934, L.M. Rodgers opened a plumbing and hardware shop. At some point, Mr. Rodgers bought the whole building and it became L.M. Rodgers Hardware. In 1951, his son-in-law, Fred Meier, bought the building and operated Meier Hardware until 1984, when again, the building was sold and converted into Lenz Travel Services. Other businesses operating here have been RE/MAX, Prudential, later to become Berkshire Hathaway Home Services, and Airport Orbit.

picture 5

Meier Hardware was on this spot from 1951-1984

picture 22

In 1985, Lenz Travel opened on this spot. Lenz remained here until around 2003, when they moved the office  to the basement of this building.

More stories and information about this site coming soon!

Return to A Walk Around the Block

error: Content is protected !!