ON THIS SITE prior to 1874, W.R. Foust had a cabinet and woodworking shop . By 1900, Philip Caplan operated a general store. Later, R.C. “Pop” McClymonds had a newspaper and magazine store which was turned over to “Lefty” Haseltine in 1940. In the 1950s, John Ord opened a gift shop. In 1955, Dale Taggart purchased the building and opened a jewelry shop. Dale’s daughter, Barbara Vivelo, took over the business in 1979. Businesses included a cabinet and woodworking shop, a general store, a newspaper and magazine store, a gift shop and a jewelry store.
More stories and information about this site coming soon!
Stops Around the Rock
#11 The Harness & Hardware Shop