ON THIS SITE In 1874, this was a portion of the Buchanan estate and contained their home. By 1922, Philip Friedman owned it. The James Spataro family purchased the property in the early 1930s when Slippery Rock still had dirt streets. The upstairs was rented to college students and Mr. Spataro operated a barbershop in the front part of his home. He continued in the barber business for sixty-three years. Ownership next went to Harry Spataro, son of James, and housed a duplex apartment and a sports store. In 2012, Nichole Kovacik bought the building from Harry Spataro and currently it houses apartments and a winery.
More stories and information about this site coming soon!
Stops Around the Rock
#11 The Harness & Hardware Shop