ON THIS SITE is one of the oldest buildings in the Borough. Isaac S. Pearson arrived in Centerville in 1826 and erected this house by 1830, opening a general store and post office. By 1874, William S. Bingham and his heirs owned the property. Maude Bingham rented the storefront to commercial photographer David Billingsley who managed the silent movie theatre behind this building until 1930. The property has been operated as an apartment house since the 1960s.
More stories and information about this site coming soon!
Stops Around the Rock
#11 The Harness & Hardware Shop