ON THIS SITE in 1874, maps show this as part of the property owned by W.S. Bingham. By 1907, Charles A. “Shady” Bowers, a druggist, set up business at this site. In 1937, Frank Ord bought the business. The pharmacy was remodeled several times by Frank and his son, John S. Ord, who took over the business in 1961. In 2002, it became the first building to be restored as part of the Main St. renewal and housed an art gallery and coffee shop, bookstore, and then The Nash Law Office and State Farm.
More stories and information about this site coming soon!
Stops Around the Rock
#11 The Harness & Hardware Shop